Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcoming Newest Family Members This Week

The Gupton family increased by two this past week with the births of a pair of babies, making first time grandparents of my sister Kelli and her husband Chris and my first cousin Denise and her husband Bobby Ingram.
Madelyn Reese Medve made her grand entrance shortly after 3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27, 2009. The first child of Amanda and Cody Medve tipped the scales at a whopping six pounds and one ounce and was 19 inches long.
The former Amanda Marie Kuban is Kelli's husband's daughter from a previous marriage. So my brother-in-law Chris is now a proud grandpa while sister Kelli is a first-time step-grandmother.
On the following day, Thursday, May 28, 2009, Preston Grant Bonet arrived at about 10 a.m. Preston is the first child of my cousin Rikki Denise Ingram Bonet and her husband Adriel Bonet of Allen, Texas. Rikki is the daughter of my Dad's youngest brother S.D.'s daughter Denise, who grew up in West Columbia. Denise and Bobby Ingram live in Smithville, Texas.
Preston's entrance into the world makes a great-grandmother of Bette Gupton of West Columbia and a great-uncle of my cousin Kirby Gupton of Austin. Congratulations from the Gupster to everyone involved, especially to the four young parents. After witnessing the births of three of my own children and seeing how elated and proud each of those boys' arrivals made their parents and grandparents, I can say with my own experiences (and those of my wife Peggy who had a little bit to do with those boys' births) that I know what each of you is going through at this magnificent time. And, now that I have three grown children attending colleges at the same time, just a few words of advice: SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Pictured above is newborn Preston Grant Bonet, the grandson of the former Denise Gupton, in a photo taken shortly after his birth. He tipped the scales at six pounds, one ounce, and measured 18 and one-half inches long. The second photo was taken by me many moons ago of my cousin Denise, standing in the living room of Buff and Eula Gupton's house in West Columbia. Denise and I are both grandchildren of Buff and Eula. Denise was pregnant with her daughter Lorey at the time this photo was taken. You can barely see the top of Rikki's head at the bottom of the photo.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that Denise and Kelli are
    grandmothers! I feel as old as dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Rikki! Another family member-in-law produced a baby boy during the same Hurricane Ike Baby Boom. Jack and Angie Middleton's great-niece, Cassie Soley, who lives in Angleton with husband Jessie (who, incidentally, just joined the City of Brazoria police force) became the proud parents of baby Mason Ray Soley on June 5, 2009.

    ReplyDelete