Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrating 29 Years Of Wedded Bliss

Wedding vows were exchanged 29 years ago today at the Methodist church in Brazoria, Texas, between myself and my lovely bride, Peggy Hall Gupton. As Peggy and I celebrate our anniversary today, June 28, 2009, we invite you to take a walk with us down memory lane by viewing a few of the photographs (taken by our good friend Jerry Hundl) from our wedding ceremony. I find it very difficult to believe that nearly 30 years have gone by since Peggy and I placed wedding bands on each other's hands, said our "I do's" (I had my fingers crossed), slapped that fatal kiss on each other's lips and walked back down the aisle as husband and wife for the very first time.
Attending the two of us at our wedding (shown in the group photo below) were Sabrina Matusek Lott as Peggy's matron of honor and Stephen Kent Weems as my best man; Polly Frizzell and my sister Kelli Gupton Kuban as the bridesmaids; and Harold Tolbert Jr. and Dean Carroll Sitton as the groomsmen. Ushers were my brother Cody Gupton, my cousin Hank Gupton, Sabrina's husband Bill Lott, and my good friend and college roommate, the late Isidro Valdez Jr. Wendy Hall was our flower girl and Stephen Hill was the ring bearer.
The Rev. William Raines, pastor of the Methodist church in Brazoria in 1980, conducted the wedding ceremony.
I want to say, "Thanks For The Memories," to my wife Peggy for the past 29 years of toughing it out, sticking with me . . . through good times and bad, soaking up all of the laughter and tears, and mostly for always being by my side since we were high school sweethearts. You are truly one of a kind! I love you, Mrs. Gupton.

1 comment: