Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dorothy: Gone But Never Ever Forgotten

More than three years have passed since we had to say so long to the beloved matriarch of our family. Dorothy Christine Dumler Hall would be celebrating her 87th birthday today, July 18, 2009, if her heart hadn't given out on her on April 14, 2006. She left us that very sad day to mourn her absence from our lives: her son Ron and his wife Marilyn of Pasadena, Texas; her daughter Peggy and her husband, yours truly, Tracy Gupton, of West Columbia, Texas; and her grandkids, Wendy Hall Tull and her husband Ryan Tull of Houston; and my sons, Brian, Bret, Blake and Kirk Gupton. Dorothy, you were truly a special and unique individual who definitely left your mark on each of us. We are all rejoicing that you have had more than three years now to hook up once again in heaven with your devoted, loving husband Omer, your mom and dad and all of your brothers and other family members and dear friends who now surround you for the rest of eternity. Make a place for each of us but don't get too ticked off if each of your surviving family members take our sweet time about hooking up with you again. Coming strictly from your son-in-law, but I feel sure that the rest of your family members agree, I simply want to say that I loved you very much and miss you more and more with each passing day. On your birthday today I salute you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for each and every generous thing you and Omer ever did for me and my family, and close by echoing the sentiments of my wife Peggy in stating that, "Mom, you were the greatest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment