Friday, October 30, 2009

Booooooo To You! Happy Halloween From Gup!

Pictured in the photos above are my son Blake Gupton when his mother Peggy sent him out trick-or-treating as Peewee Herman. My niece Natalie Kuban is shown in the second photo with one of her new Aggie friends as they create a jack-o-lantern from a pumpkin at Texas A&M in a recent photo. Natalie and her boyfriend Taylor Lane are freshmen in Aggieland and my son Bret, shown in the next photo, is a senior at Texas A&M now. I photographed Bret and his buddy Adrian "Wimpy" Pipkins several years ago with the pumpkin and floral display at one of my company barbecues in Old Ocean. Cody Smith, the son of our longtime best buddy Theresa Smith and the late Junior Smith, is pictured holding an enormous pumpkin below at right in a photo I took many years ago. And the newlyweds, my son Brian Gupton and his new bride Tiffanie, are shown below at left in a recent photograph.
The photo above is of my youngest son, Blake Gupton, the year he dressed up as a clown. A multi-colored Afro wig topped off the ensemble, but Blake hated it and kept taking it off. The other Halloween photo above is of my sister Kelli's youngest children, Natalie (the wicked witch) and Tommy (the Army man) Kuban, when Kelli and Chris and their kids lived in Needville.
These two photos were taken by my mother, the late Verna Gupton, in 1958 at the first house I lived in when my family was calling Markham, Texas, home. I'm the little tyke seated on the rocking horse. The scary bigger boy is my brother Cody. I was 22 months old at the time and Cody had celebrated his fifth birthday the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment