Monday, June 15, 2009

Little DeMo Celebrates His Fifth Birthday

DeMarcus O'Neal Randall is celebrating his fifth birthday today, June 16th, 2009. Happy Birthday DeMo, from your PawPaw T-Gup!
DeMarcus is the son of Tanya Spears of Angleton. She is the fiance of my adopted son, Kirk Gupton, so that makes DeMo like a grandson to me. He and his older brothers Koy and Koby have been a part of my life now for about three years and they have all been a welcome addition.
Tanya and her boys have accomplished something I never could, and that is being able to settle Kirk down. Since Kirk and Tanya got together he no longer associates with the wrong crowd. And I have been very impressed watching Kirk become such an excellent role model and father-figure to these three little boys, as well as to Tanya's toddler nephew Trey. I really envy Kirk and Tanya for having these youngsters to care for, and I am appreciative that they allow me to be a part of their little family as "the grandfather figure." Admittedly that role makes me feel old as hell, but then, hey, I am old as hell! I guess I had better just face it.
Happy Birthday, DeMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment